Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Classroom Expectations

 

Mrs. Hapgood’s  Classroom Expectations

·         Be prompt!  Please be in your seat when the bell rings so class may begin right away.  I do keep track of tardies and will write referrals to Mr. Hurley if necessary.

 

·         Silence the electronics in class!  Phones and electronic devices may be used only during passing periods and lunchtime.  Phones that ring in class will be taken away for the block.

 

·         Be prepared!  Bring all required materials to class each day: binder, paper, writing utensils and books.

 

·         Be polite and positive!  Please respect yourself, each other, the instructor and the classroom.  Use respectful language and actions during class.

 

·         Be productive!  When given time in class to do assignments, use the time!  Do your homework , finish work in a timely fashion and pass this course! 

 

·         Listen!  I give very thorough instructions for all activities in class—and I never mind explaining assignments in more detail.  However, I appreciate open ears and closed mouths when I am speaking! 

 

·         Avoid consequences!  Follow the above expectations and you will have great success in class.  However, if necessary, I will issue warnings, call parents, write referrals to Mr. Hurley and request student-teacher-parent-principal conferences.

 

·         Talk to Mrs Hapgood!   I love teaching and want all of my students to find success in English class.  If you are confused, concerned, upset, frustrated, overwhelmed or joyous …whatever your mood….come talk with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment